martygaal

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thunderstorms

Posted on 4:51 PM by Unknown
Last night we had a doozie of a thunderstorm come through. It woke us all up, and of course if I wake up in the middle of the night, I immediately have to go to the bathroom. Tassie, like many other dogs, doesn't like thunderstorms. However, unlike most other dogs, she doesn't try to hide or destroy things or even whine. She just sits and trembles. It really is the saddest thing you'll ever see. When I went to the bathroom last night she followed me so she could sit on my feet, lean up against my legs, and resume trembling.

Tassie says, "Aww, man! I blinked!"

We had another storm come through this evening so I got see her trembling in action. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do for this. Must google. Anyways, just as I was sitting down to eat some pasta, Marty called to have me come pick him up as he was stuck at a gas station not wanting to ride home in the deluge and cracks of lightening all around. And like the good wifey that I am, I went and got him. And felt bad for all the cyclists I saw on the roads heading back to either Inside Out or Cycling Spoken Here. It was truly dangerous out there. I took Tassie with me because I didn't want to leave her home alone all trembly, so she shook in the car with me instead.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • An Update
    Things that have happened: I got a new job. This has coincided with a decline in my training - some motivational issues and some busy-ness h...
  • So Clever!
    One of our athletes gave us this at swim practice. I love how it looks like instead of breaking the tape, toilet paper is coming out of his ...
  • Racing Weekend for All the Gaal's
    Two years ago Marty and Tassie did the Umstead Coalition run . It's one of the few runs that allows dogs and she won for doggies. We cou...
  • Happy Tassie Sad Tassie
    Happy Tassie is the normal around here. Here's a typical scene when we get home. Marty also plays quite a starring role in this video. T...
  • End of Camp with Surprise Win!
    Local Runners at Home in Gasparilla 8K BY BILL WARD and FRED STEIER Published: February 28,...
  • 'tis the season...
    ...for Christmas parties! My department at work had a Christmas lunch at Maggiano's. Did you know that Maggiano's means "oversi...
  • Hilton Head
    Lots of things have been happening around here and most have kept me very busy and have limited my ability to blog. We went to Hilton Head t...
  • Post Camp
    We had a great time in Florida for our annual camp. I always tell people it is so much fun and I'm not always sure they believe me, but ...
  • Trying Out Bikes
    This afternoon I went over to Inside Out Sports to ride some bikes. Yup, your's truly may finally catch up with the rest of the triathl...
  • Turkey Trot in Jax
    Thanksgiving is not complete without a Turkey Trot. In Jacksonville, they have a really big one (1/2 Marathon and 8K) but my sister told us ...

Categories

  • goats

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (48)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2012 (51)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2011 (69)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2010 (106)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ▼  August (9)
      • Nuclear Swim Recap
      • Tips from Tassie
      • Trying to Be Good
      • Murder was the case that they gave me
      • Big Sad Face
      • I am totally watching Survivor this season
      • Lake Logan Race Report
      • Thunderstorms
      • Beach Weekend Recap
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (26)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (2)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile