martygaal

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Music

Posted on 5:33 PM by Unknown
We have Sirius satellite in the car I usually drive and I mostly listen to Alt Nation on there. This puts me slightly ahead of the curve for new alternative music, but not so much that I'm all indie hipster or anything. Just enough to when they finally play a song on the real radio I can say, "Psshhh, that song is SOOO old." And then I feel cool.

Marty doesn't like anything that was made after 1994, so he thinks all my music is crap the first time he hears me play it. Then 4 months later he'll say, "Oh, I like this song." Then I remind him he heard it 4 months ago and you said it was noise and why can't every song sound like Pearl Jam or Pink Floyd.

By the way, I heard that Pearl Jam is celebrating their 20th anniversary of being a band. Sigh.

Anyways, I wish there was a song with my name. Fleetwood Mac's Rhiannon is the closest I think I'll ever get, and that's not all that close. But when I was younger I used to pretend they were singing "Briiiiiiiiii-aaaaannnnnnnnne" (note: NOT Brianna)
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • An Update
    Things that have happened: I got a new job. This has coincided with a decline in my training - some motivational issues and some busy-ness h...
  • So Clever!
    One of our athletes gave us this at swim practice. I love how it looks like instead of breaking the tape, toilet paper is coming out of his ...
  • Racing Weekend for All the Gaal's
    Two years ago Marty and Tassie did the Umstead Coalition run . It's one of the few runs that allows dogs and she won for doggies. We cou...
  • Happy Tassie Sad Tassie
    Happy Tassie is the normal around here. Here's a typical scene when we get home. Marty also plays quite a starring role in this video. T...
  • End of Camp with Surprise Win!
    Local Runners at Home in Gasparilla 8K BY BILL WARD and FRED STEIER Published: February 28,...
  • 'tis the season...
    ...for Christmas parties! My department at work had a Christmas lunch at Maggiano's. Did you know that Maggiano's means "oversi...
  • Hilton Head
    Lots of things have been happening around here and most have kept me very busy and have limited my ability to blog. We went to Hilton Head t...
  • Post Camp
    We had a great time in Florida for our annual camp. I always tell people it is so much fun and I'm not always sure they believe me, but ...
  • Trying Out Bikes
    This afternoon I went over to Inside Out Sports to ride some bikes. Yup, your's truly may finally catch up with the rest of the triathl...
  • Turkey Trot in Jax
    Thanksgiving is not complete without a Turkey Trot. In Jacksonville, they have a really big one (1/2 Marathon and 8K) but my sister told us ...

Categories

  • goats

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (48)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2012 (51)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2011 (69)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2010 (106)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ▼  September (7)
      • Message in a Bloggle
      • USAT Nationals Race Report
      • Let the Taper Begin!
      • Music
      • Patriots Half and Sprint Weekend
      • Labor Day Weekend
      • Bulls and Beach
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (26)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (2)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile