martygaal

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, November 8, 2010

Just Some Stuff

Posted on 6:41 AM by Unknown
You know what’s really hard? A 200 yard all out in the pool. That’s what Marty had us do in the middle of Master’s practice on Friday (our time was then used to figure out our interval for groups of 100’s). I don’t think I’ve ever done a 200 yard like that so…..PR! He had us do them in heats (from a push) so it was sort of like a swim meet. I think I was still breathing hard 10 minutes later.

Saturday I went with Marty to Kernersville where the NC high school state cross country championships was held. It was a chilly, sunny day (perfect for running!) and it was fun to watch the different races. But wow, I don’t think any of these kids know how to pace themselves! They all go out WAY too fast, which I guess is all right since they all die the same death and there’s not a whole lot of place changing going on, but I would love to see some kid who goes out with even splits and just mow through the field the back half of the race. I know I used to do the same thing in high school, but I only ran 2 miles for cross country so it was a little easier to handle.

On our way back home from the race, we stopped in Carrboro (right next to UNC) to watch the 2nd half of the UNC v FSU game. Oh ugh. FS – Who? Because I want to talk about MY Alma Mater – UCF!! Who, for the first time is ranked in the BCS top 25! And in the USA Today Coaches Poll they are ranked right ahead of those super annoying Gators! Go Knights!

Today is Marty’s birthday. I couldn’t help myself and gave him two of his presents yesterday (The Resident Evil Trilogy – he proceeded to watch all of them yesterday) and a Zombie Apocalypse T-Shirt. Marty likes Zombies.

My calf tightened back up again last week so no running for me for awhile. Bah.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • An Update
    Things that have happened: I got a new job. This has coincided with a decline in my training - some motivational issues and some busy-ness h...
  • So Clever!
    One of our athletes gave us this at swim practice. I love how it looks like instead of breaking the tape, toilet paper is coming out of his ...
  • Racing Weekend for All the Gaal's
    Two years ago Marty and Tassie did the Umstead Coalition run . It's one of the few runs that allows dogs and she won for doggies. We cou...
  • Happy Tassie Sad Tassie
    Happy Tassie is the normal around here. Here's a typical scene when we get home. Marty also plays quite a starring role in this video. T...
  • End of Camp with Surprise Win!
    Local Runners at Home in Gasparilla 8K BY BILL WARD and FRED STEIER Published: February 28,...
  • 'tis the season...
    ...for Christmas parties! My department at work had a Christmas lunch at Maggiano's. Did you know that Maggiano's means "oversi...
  • Hilton Head
    Lots of things have been happening around here and most have kept me very busy and have limited my ability to blog. We went to Hilton Head t...
  • Post Camp
    We had a great time in Florida for our annual camp. I always tell people it is so much fun and I'm not always sure they believe me, but ...
  • Trying Out Bikes
    This afternoon I went over to Inside Out Sports to ride some bikes. Yup, your's truly may finally catch up with the rest of the triathl...
  • Turkey Trot in Jax
    Thanksgiving is not complete without a Turkey Trot. In Jacksonville, they have a really big one (1/2 Marathon and 8K) but my sister told us ...

Categories

  • goats

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (48)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2012 (51)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2011 (69)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ▼  2010 (106)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ▼  November (7)
      • Thanksgiving Holiday
      • Happy Thanksgiving!
      • Trip to NYC
      • Another Boring One
      • Just Some Stuff
      • I Voted
      • Weekend 5K's and fun
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (26)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (2)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile