martygaal

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, September 13, 2013

Hilton Head

Posted on 11:13 AM by Unknown
Lots of things have been happening around here and most have kept me very busy and have limited my ability to blog.

We went to Hilton Head to meet up with Marty's sister's family and their dad for his birthday. None of us had ever been and we rented a great house right on the beach. Lots of family fun. I had a bit of cold the entire time which made me sleepily and off my game, and also kept me from sleeping all that well so I was more sleepy (ya know, rinse and repeat, etc). I tried to run one morning with Marty/Logan and it ended with me mostly walking and thinking I was horribly out of shape. So I guess the cold was messing with my head, too, because of course you don't lose fitness that quick.

This week was crazy and our house pretty much looks like a war zone. I did end up signing up for the beach cruiser division at next weekend's triathlon in Wilmington - I'm thinking that bike is actually going to be really hard.

 I can't concentrate. Here are a bunch of pictures.

Endless Elmo on the way to HH. I tried 'Finding Nemo' and he absolutely freaked out. I guess it was a little scary for him.
Checking out the shops in HH
Logan mostly walked up the little lighthouse in HH
With his cousins and papa
Cate, Logan & Jamie
Logan really took a liking to Jamie
Beach!
Running from the waves
Goofing around
Logan was maybe a little toooo relaxed at dinner
Cousin hug
We went to Marty's high school team's cross country meet last night. This mostly consisted of me chasing Logan around while he looked for dada
Family portrait

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • An Update
    Things that have happened: I got a new job. This has coincided with a decline in my training - some motivational issues and some busy-ness h...
  • So Clever!
    One of our athletes gave us this at swim practice. I love how it looks like instead of breaking the tape, toilet paper is coming out of his ...
  • Racing Weekend for All the Gaal's
    Two years ago Marty and Tassie did the Umstead Coalition run . It's one of the few runs that allows dogs and she won for doggies. We cou...
  • Happy Tassie Sad Tassie
    Happy Tassie is the normal around here. Here's a typical scene when we get home. Marty also plays quite a starring role in this video. T...
  • End of Camp with Surprise Win!
    Local Runners at Home in Gasparilla 8K BY BILL WARD and FRED STEIER Published: February 28,...
  • 'tis the season...
    ...for Christmas parties! My department at work had a Christmas lunch at Maggiano's. Did you know that Maggiano's means "oversi...
  • Hilton Head
    Lots of things have been happening around here and most have kept me very busy and have limited my ability to blog. We went to Hilton Head t...
  • Post Camp
    We had a great time in Florida for our annual camp. I always tell people it is so much fun and I'm not always sure they believe me, but ...
  • Trying Out Bikes
    This afternoon I went over to Inside Out Sports to ride some bikes. Yup, your's truly may finally catch up with the rest of the triathl...
  • Turkey Trot in Jax
    Thanksgiving is not complete without a Turkey Trot. In Jacksonville, they have a really big one (1/2 Marathon and 8K) but my sister told us ...

Categories

  • goats

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (48)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ▼  September (5)
      • Wilmington YMCA 'Race Report'
      • Fun Weekend on Tap
      • Weekend of Racing
      • Hilton Head
      • Racing things
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2012 (51)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2011 (69)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2010 (106)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2009 (26)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (2)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile