martygaal

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Answering Some Questions

Posted on 3:22 PM by Unknown
Dawn, an occasional commenter asked what the heck is a bunhugger? It's the name given to the tighty little shorts collegiate and fast runners wear in races. Here I am in a track meet in college in some bunhugger glory.



I drew the arrow lest you think I'm the tiny little blonde thing. I do remember outsprinting her at the end - giant versus the petite girl.

Truth be told, bunhuggers aren't a whole lot different than what a lot of people wear in triathlons, but if you are wearing them at a road race you'd better BRING IT. And another truth be told, there was only one girl who was sporting the true bunhuggers at the 5K this past weekend. The other two were wearing the slightly cuter, but you still better have a rockin' body to pull them off, boy shorts.

And here I am in the race, un-bunhuggered. Sorry mom, the pink shorts were in the wash so I had to resort to some black ones. Again, I drew an arrow lest you confuse me with a man.


And Courtenay asked for at least a description of the spider lady from the fair. It was a woman whose head was sticking out of this hole, and surrounding her head was a very bad spider costume. The trick was that the space below the spider body was completely empty, so it was just a really good optical illusion. That we all wasted $1 on.

Since I'm in a drawing mood, this is not really what it looked like but I gave it my best 6 year old effort.

So this Friday Marty and I will be traveling to the great state of Florida to attend the "Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party" also known as the Florida/Georgia game. Except you're not supposed to call it the cocktail party anymore because some kids got drunk and died or something a couple years back. Anyways, we WILL NOT be cheering for the stinkin' Gators. Go Dawgs!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • An Update
    Things that have happened: I got a new job. This has coincided with a decline in my training - some motivational issues and some busy-ness h...
  • So Clever!
    One of our athletes gave us this at swim practice. I love how it looks like instead of breaking the tape, toilet paper is coming out of his ...
  • Racing Weekend for All the Gaal's
    Two years ago Marty and Tassie did the Umstead Coalition run . It's one of the few runs that allows dogs and she won for doggies. We cou...
  • Happy Tassie Sad Tassie
    Happy Tassie is the normal around here. Here's a typical scene when we get home. Marty also plays quite a starring role in this video. T...
  • End of Camp with Surprise Win!
    Local Runners at Home in Gasparilla 8K BY BILL WARD and FRED STEIER Published: February 28,...
  • 'tis the season...
    ...for Christmas parties! My department at work had a Christmas lunch at Maggiano's. Did you know that Maggiano's means "oversi...
  • Hilton Head
    Lots of things have been happening around here and most have kept me very busy and have limited my ability to blog. We went to Hilton Head t...
  • Post Camp
    We had a great time in Florida for our annual camp. I always tell people it is so much fun and I'm not always sure they believe me, but ...
  • Trying Out Bikes
    This afternoon I went over to Inside Out Sports to ride some bikes. Yup, your's truly may finally catch up with the rest of the triathl...
  • Turkey Trot in Jax
    Thanksgiving is not complete without a Turkey Trot. In Jacksonville, they have a really big one (1/2 Marathon and 8K) but my sister told us ...

Categories

  • goats

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (48)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2012 (51)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (3)
    • ►  October (5)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (3)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (5)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2011 (69)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (4)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (5)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (7)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2010 (106)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (9)
    • ►  September (7)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (13)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (8)
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2009 (26)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ▼  October (6)
      • Answering Some Questions
      • 5K
      • State Fair
      • Goings On
      • Ironman Hawaii
      • Lake Royale Spectator Report
    • ►  September (2)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile